Radon is a naturally-occurring radioactive. Radon gas is inert, colorless and odorless. Breathing radon over time increases your risk of lung cancer. Testing is the only way to determine radon levels.
Radon is a radioactive gas. It comes from the natural decay of uranium that is found in nearly all soils. It typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Your home traps radon inside, where it can build up. Any home may have a radon problem. This means new and old homes, well sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without basements. Radon from soil gas is the main cause of radon problems. Sometimes radon enters the home through well water.
We place a radon monitor in the home for two days. The device takes hourly measurements of radon in the air. At the end of the two day test we retrieve the equipment and take it to the office and generate a report that is then emailed to the client with the average radon test results. Radon is measured in picocuries per liter (pCi/L)
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas released in rock, soil and water that can build up to dangerous levels inside any home; this means new and old homes, well sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without a basement. Radon gas is odorless and invisible and the only way to know if your home has a radon problem is to test for it.
Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among people who do not smoke. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer for people who do. EPA estimates that radon causes more than 20,000 deaths from lung cancer each year in the U.S. If you smoke and your home has a high radon level, your risk of lung cancer can increase even more.